Since he came home from Russia in 2005, everyone has marvelled at how much he resembles Jesse. They have a bond that goes deeper than looks.
Yesterday we got out some old toys that are now new again. I inserted the batteries and Nik NIk spent the entire day yesterday (and already this morning) playing both toys’ music simultaneously. It’s a cacophony of children’s music juxtaposed in a seemingly haphazard way. I can’t even be annoyed (unless I’m on the phone to mom, then I took them away) because all I can think is, “this is how my oldest played” all those years ago.
I can totally understand how fascinated he is with playing both at the same time. Maybe that's only because of Jesse or MAYBE it's because I was the same way. Maybe he’ll be a drummer (taking after Uncle Ed, whom has forever looked the same... gotta love the kind of Humperdink/Elvis uber-cool look. Maybe he’ll just be another music loving guy, or maybe interested in the minute details of engine sounds. It doesn’t matter, all that matters now is that he’s immensely enjoying sounds and all forms of music. That pleases me "to no end", even though the tired old lady in me doesn’t like to hear that noise over and over and over and over and over and over. It is eminently impossible not to smile with glee.
Mar 31, 2009
Niky just like Jesse? or Me?
Posted by deanie at 4:50 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment