Dec 21, 2008

What I've done

I borrowed this meme from Stephanie at ralphcrew. Sounded like a fun diversion fro the many tasks at hand. It was nice to get to know a little bit about Stephanie... here you can find a little of me.

Feel free to borrow this and let me know if you do so I can come read yours! Things indented are the things I want/intend to do someday and those capped

The things I have indented are the things I would like to do:

1. Started your own blog (Actually have three, ahh type A.)
2. Slept under the stars (way too often)
3. Played in a band (Marching band in Jr High)
4. Visited Hawaii (not often enough)

5. Watched a meteor shower (would love to do this with Jesse)

6. Given more than you can afford to charity (if I have 10 cents, they get 9 cents. but it comes back 10 fold)
7. Been to Disney World (many many times)

8. Climbed a mountain (no, hiked and trekked but really? NO)

9. Held a praying mantis (Absolutely Not, I won't even indent this one)
10. Sang a solo (one too many times)
11. Bungee jumped (Conned into it by my son Jesse,one of his favorite things to do, Never again)
12. Visited Paris (yep, and the last time was on the way from an adoption :)

13. Watched a lightning storm at sea (No and I can't indent this one...I'm OK on a ferry or up top on a sail boat but that is all)

14. Taught yourself an art from scratch (calligraphy)
15. Adopted a child (5boys)
16. Had food poisoning (in college, from lobster)
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty (as a kid)
18. Grown your own vegetables (tomatoes and herbs)
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France (twice, so have Jesse and Andy)

20. Slept on an overnight train (have ridden the train back and forth between cities alot but not overnight)

21. Had a pillow fight (hello, I have boys, was raised with a house full of boys!)
22. Hitch hiked (I'm old, it was safe then :)
23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill (define sick?)
24. Built a snow fort (nieces and nephew from Alaska, yep)
25. Held a lamb (Thanks for the memories Grandpa)
26. Gone skinny dipping (silly high school, OK college kids)
27. Run a Marathon (LMAO at this one)

28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice (sounds fun!)

29. Seen a total eclipse (Yep)
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset (east coast, west coast)
31. Hit a home run (yep, baseball...raised with boysl)

32. Been on a cruise (that sea sick thing) NOOOOOO

33. Seen Niagara Falls in person (It was soooooooo cold)
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors (sme of them..Ireland)

35. Seen an Amish community (would love to)

36. Taught yourself a new language (spanish)
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied (it comes, it goes)
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person (yes but there is so much more to see)
39. Gone rock climbing (yep, and taught Jesse)
40. Seen Michelangelo’s David (Yes, I think it's been cleaned now)

41. Sung karaoke (not in front of people)

42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt (but i don't remember it, with my Gramps)
43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant (Yep. Before "pay-it-forward)
44. Visited Africa (Ethiopia)
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight (Lived on the beach for 4 years in Oceanside)
46. Been transported in an ambulance (twice)
47. Had your portrait painted(characiture?)

48. Gone deep sea fishing (NOPE!)

49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person (yes, was luck to travel and work for the USN)
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris (No but under it, around it many times)
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling (snorkeling)
52. Kissed in the rain (umm)
53. Played in the mud (as a kid)
54. Gone to a drive-in theater (I miss those)

55. Been in a movie (No and don't want to)

56. Visited the Great Wall of China (NOw this I would like :)

57. Started a business (Yes, twice)

58. Taken a martial arts class(This is funny, LOL)

59. Visited Russia (YEAH, adopted 3 times there and visited 4x more)

60. Served at a soup kitchen (on Christmas)
61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies (as a brownie)
62. Gone whale watching (not "gone" but have seen them many times living in Seattle
63. Got flowers for no reason (Jon was such a romantic)
64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma (donated all)

65. Gone sky diving (I used to want to do this, now I'm iffy)

66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp (No, but the Holocaust Museum makes me sad beyond belief)
67. Bounced a check (some I knew were like a "red rubber ball" some I didn't)
68. Flown in a helicopter (Navy fun)
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy (I have a Dutch doll I got with my Little Grandma, when I was 3)
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial (Yes, lived in Alexandria)
71. Eaten Caviar (Yes and Ewwww)

72. Pieced a quilt (I love them but I could never do this)

73. Stood in Times Square (New years and a few other times that were more fun)
74. Toured the Everglades (we live next door now)
75. Been fired from a job (when I was 20)
76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London (Yes but USMC Silent Drill Team is a million times more impressive)
77. Broken a bone (nose, as a teenager in a car accident. my oldest broke my toe too)
78. Been on a speeding motorcycle (with my husband)
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person (when i was a teen)

80. Published a book (no but friends say I should, had articles published in mags and journals)

81. Visited the Vatican (yes, way too many people)
82. Bought a brand new car (a T-top bright red camaro, but that went when the 3rd adoption came along)

83. Walked in Jerusalem (I don't think I'd feel safe)

84. Had your picture in the newspaper (couple times)
85. Read the entire Bible (workin this one...)
86. Visited the White House (USN again)

87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating (ick)

88. Had chickenpox (Yes)

89. Saved someone’s life (drove my husband, like a maniac to hosp when he had a heart attack, stubborn man)
90. Sat on a jury (traffic)
91. Met someone famous (Jonny Depp, Bon Jovi, Dennis Hopper, others...husbands biz)
92. Joined a book club (am now)
93. Lost a loved one (unfortunately and still think about them all the time)

94. Had a baby (5 by adoption)

95. Seen the Alamo in person (I can't remember)
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake (Why would you want to?)
97. Been involved in a law suit (once against Aetna and twice with school district...won all)
98. Owned a cell phone (who doesn't?)
99. Been stung by a bee a wasp (stepped on a bee and therefore kinda stung myself)
100. Read an entire book in one day (before kids)

What have you done?
Just copy & paste and bold what you have done & un bold what you haven’t.
Have fun with it and if you want, comment with your link to your What have you done? post!

1 comments:

Stephanie @ Ralphcrew said...

So fun to get to know you better!