My biggest pet peeves are incompetence and things that don’t work. Today I just couldn't help myself. I decided that I had to respond to things and people that irritate me. I’ve spent too much time in my life just trying to glide around idiotic and rude things.
Today I slipped on my "Mom from Hell boots," as Jon always referred to them. You know, black leather, up to here, stiletto, pointed toe. For those of you who have ever been to an IEP meeting for your kids, I'm sure you understand, always wear the "Mom from Hell" boots. These are kick-*^s. This is not a good day for the my oldest son's Orthopedist, who thought nothing of keeping us sitting in his waiting room for 2 1/2 hours after our scheduled appointment time.
“Doctor is very busy.” said the receptionist. I hate when receptionists call the doctor “Doctor”. Call him/her “Dr. Whatever” or “the doctor”, but not just “Doctor”. I don’t know why, but it drives me insane.
Well, you know what, tell Doctor that so am I. Mind you I had all 5 kids there in the waiting room.
She wouldn’t and continued on gossiping about her sex life in Spanish with a nurse. I asked her again, in Spanish this time, to find out how much longer we were going to have to wait. Her face turned bright red. What? You’ve never heard of a white girl that speaks Spanish? Not perfect but my Mama would have been proud.
We didn’t just walk in there demanding to be seen. We had an appointment for 10:15 which "Doctor" himself scheduled because he wanted to see Jesse and check his scoliosis. It was now 12:45. How long are we supposed to be expected to wait? Maybe next time I’ll just show up whenever I feel like it. I’m busy, too. I have a house, 5 sons and enough appointments between schools, therapists, pediatricians and 8 specialists to require 2 full-time staff.... but it's just me. Never once have I kept any of them waiting for me for two and a half hours.
Needless to say..... I also said I was not "keeping the little ones quiet or in their stroller any longer......... " ; who would have thought that within 3 minutes we were in the exam room and 10 minutes later there was the doctor. Duh. "Doctor" was profusely apologetic when I relayed the story to him. He apparently had no idea what was transpiring in his waiting room. Hmmm?
Maybe from now on everyone can just show up whenever they feel like it as does the phone Doctor. Paramedics, police officers, firemen, soldiers....whoever. Doesn’t matter. They’ll get to you when they get to you, no biggie. Just sit back down,shut up and read some old magazines until they’re good and ready to get there. Or, we could just always turn our kids loose.
Feb 23, 2009
El esperar ha terminado or the waiting is done.
Posted by deanie at 1:26 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment