Feb 17, 2009

Oh, I love this potty.


I realize there are ineffective things I have said (or thought about saying) while trying to convince whichever, of the 5, has at the time been potty training.

"You know, I'm okay with not changing your diaper anymore. Really, it's fine if you want to use the potty instead. Seriously, I'm not going to freak out about it or anything."

(While I am on the toilet) "WOW! This is fun! I really love using this potty."

"You know what's really fun!!!?? Using the potty!!! Just like your brothers. Just like a big boy!!!!"

(While little one is on the potty) "Honey? Isn't the potty FUN!?"

"You know who else uses the potty?" (I then name Every Single Person I know in this world, Sesame Street characters included.)

(When anyone we know comes out of the bathroom) "Wasn't that AWESOME? I love using the potty, don't you!?" This gets very weird looks and responses from said out-of-the-bathroom-person.

"Do you know why that man looks so sad? He never learned to use the potty." Oh gosh, NO I didn't say this at all; but I think about it.

0 comments: