Feb 13, 2009

God is always with me.

For many of the last several months I have felt a darkness and been overwhelmed
by many of life's valleys. I lost faith and hope and could not "see" or "hear."
Then, serendipitously, I met a woman who came to my door to pick up an extra
twin bed I had. Upon meeting Sharon, God came back into my life with a massive ROAR.
As He always does, He showed me HIs love, wrapped His arms tighter around me,
spoke louder, stilled me.

I should explain here that Sharon is an Evangelical Christian, I am Catholic. We had a few minutes waiting for
a truck to arrive.............. she prayed with me, for me.......... for my kids. A few days later, her church was holding a 3 day
"Healing Conference." She asked me to go "and be healed." Wow, something in me said a very loud YES. So I went, taking my Angels with me. The 'healing/physical experience needs it own post. But to cut to the chase............... I heard the voice of God, felt His hands lie gently holding me and "came to", yes there was a brief blackout, feeling in an altogether different space. Lighter, physically better, hopeful, .......................... knowing what steps He had chosen for me and I could clearly see....
the path before me, there was light. Thus I am renewed and full of HOPE, full of faith and the desire for understanding God's wisdom, His plan.

“Then you shall see
and be radiant, your heart shall thrill and rejoice because the
abundance of the sea shall be brought to you.”
God brings us the abundance of the sea this day. God awaits
us in the gifts of and by the sea to remember God’s care and
compassion for us.(Isaiah)

The sacred scripture of Acts of the Apostles, soothes and
motivates my soul and heart.
We search for God, even perhaps grope for Him.
Searching for God, groping, centering on the
spiritual encounter and journey with God. Mine has
been such —at times groping as a child gropes in the dark to find
his or her way to their parents’ bedroom. Groping as a ship lost at
sea, searching for the glimmer of a lighthouse to bring it safely to
shore. This is my image of our searching for God in my life.

“In Him we live “ and move and have our being.
These words tell me of the love and grace of God—all of us, all of our being is so
attached, so centered on Christ that nothing, that no one can tear
us away from him as long as I do, we do, live and move and have
our being.
Saint Columban, an Abbot of Ireland, said: “Live in
Christ, that Christ may live in you.”

“God is not far from any one of us.”
I, too often, have forgotten or was too busy to hear these words.
God is by my side, by us all, to
hold us, to prod us, to nurture us, to guide us and to love us.
When I am caught up in life's struggles or unable to "be still", it is difficult to accept
this in my heart. And God’s simple answer is always: “I am here, be not
afraid.”

So I search, I grope for God. I live
and move and have my VERY being in God, and this same God is
never far from any one of us.

In my children and my life's passion for "special needs kids," for orphans, I have found God and God has found
me. Thomas Merton said “Our discovery of God is, in a way, God’s discovery
of us..... and we become contemplative when God discovers
Himself in us.”

God has blessed me, sending me many many graces.
I am in awe of His love and compassion. I am grateful for all my blessings.....
for all of you my friends.
With love to you all.
Deanie

0 comments: